Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Prayers for the Month of Sha’ban

by noibilism  |  at  9:38 AM




Narrated from Amir al-Mu’mineen Imam ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib (peace be upon him)

Allahumma salli 'alaa Muhammadin wa aali-Muhammad
O Allah, bless Muhammad and Aal-i-Muhammad.
Wasma' du'aa'i idhaa da'awtuk. wasma' nidaa'i idhaa naadaytuk. Waqbil 'alayya idhaa naajaytuk
Hear my prayer when I pray to You.  Listen to my call when I call to You.  Turn towards me when I whisper to You.
Faqad harabtu ilayka wa waqaftu bayna yadayk. Mustakeenan lak, mutadharri'an ilayk, raajiyan limaa ladayka thawaabi, wa ta'lamu maa fi nafsi, wa takhburu haajati

For I have fled towards You and am standing between Your hands.  I am desperate before You and humiliated, hoping for the reward which You have.  You know what is in my soul, and You know what I need.
Wa ta'rifu dhameeri, wa laa yakhfaa 'alayka amru munqalabi wa mathwai, wa maa ureedu an ubdi'a bihi min mantiqi, wa atafawwaha bihi min talibati, wa arjoohu li-'aaqibati.
You know my mind, and nothing of my present or future is hidden from you.  You know how I intend to begin my speech, what I am going to ask for and what I hope for in the end.
Wa qad jarat maqaadeeruka 'alayya yaa sayyidi fimaa yakunu minni ilaa aakhiri 'umri min sareerati wa'alaaniyati, wa biyadika laa biyadi ghayrika ziyaadati wa naqsi, wa naf'i wa dharri.
Your decree has taken effect in my life, O My Master, and will continue to do so until the end of my life – both in what is apparent and hidden.  My happiness and misery rest in Your hands, not in anyone else’s.
Ilaahi, in harramtani faman dhaa alladhiy yarzuquni? Wa in khadhaltani, fa man dhaa alladhiy yansuruni?
O Lord, if You deny me, then who will provide for me?  If You forsake me, then who will help me?
Ilaahi a'udhu bika min ghadhabika wa hulooli sakhatik .  Ilaahi in kuntu ghayr musta'hilin lirahmati, fa anta ahlun an tajooda 'alayya bi-fadhli sa'atik.
O Lord, I seek refuge in You from Your wrath and the descent of Your anger.  O Lord, if I am not worthy of Your mercy, it is worthy of You to grace me with Your overwhelming kindness.
Ilaahi, ka-anny binafsy waaqifatun bayna yadayk, waqad azhallahaa husnu tawakkuli 'alayk. faqulta maa anta ahluhu wa taghammadtani bi-'afwik.
O Lord, it is as if I am standing before You, and my confidence that You will protect me has shaded me.  You have said what befits You and sheltered me with Your pardon.
Ilaahi, in 'afawta fa-man awlaa minka bi-dhaalik? Wa in kaana qad danaa ajali wa lam yudneeni minka 'amali faqad ja'altu-l-iqraara bi-dh-dhanbi ilayka waseelati.

O Lord, if You forgive me, who is more worthy to do that than You?  If my time has come, and my deeds have not yet brought me close to You, I make this confession of my sins a means of approaching You.

Ilaahi qad jurtu 'alaa nafsi fi-n-nazhari lahaa, falahaa-l-wailu in lam taghfir lahaa.
O Lord, I have been unjust to my soul, for I have not looked after it.  It will certainly be doomed if You do not forgive it.
Ilaahi lam yazal birruka 'alaa ayyaami hayaati, falaa taqta' birraka 'anni fi mamaati.
O Lord, you have never ceased Your kindness towards me during my life.  So do not cut off Your kindness from me after I die.
Ilaahi, kayfa aayasu min husni nazharika li ba'da mamaati, wa anta lam toolini illa-l-jamkeela fi hayaati
O Lord, how can I despair of Your looking after me after my death when you have always treated me with goodness during my life?
Ilaahi, tawalla min amri maa anta ahluhu, wa 'ud 'alayya bi-fadhlika 'alaa mudhnibin qad ghamarahu jahluhu.
O Lord, do with me what befits You, and bestow Your favor upon me – a sinner enwrapped in ignorance.
Ilaahi qad satarta 'alayya dhunooban fi-d-dunyaa, wa ana ahwaju ilaa satrihaa 'alayya minka fil-ukhraa. Ilaahi qad ahsanta ilayya ith lam tuzh-hirhaa li-ahadin min 'ibaadika-s-saaliheen, falaa tafdhahni yawm al-qiyaamati 'alaa ru'oos-il-ash-haad.
O Lord, You have concealed many of my sins in this world.  I am in greater need of them being concealed in the next.  O Lord, you favored me when you hid my sins from Your pious servants.  So do not expose them to the onlookers on the Day of Resurrection.
Ilaahi, jooduka basata amali, wa 'afwuka afdhalu min 'amali. Ilaahi, fasurrani bi-liqaa'ika yawma taqdhi feehi bayna 'ibaadik
O Lord, Your generosity has increased my hope.  Your forgiveness is kinder than my deeds.  So delight me by allowing me to meet You on the day when You judge between Your servants.
Ilaahi, i'tidhaari ilayka i'tidhaaru man lam yastaghni 'an qabooli 'udhrihi, faqbal 'udhri yaa akrama man i'tadhara ilayhi-l-musee'oon.
My Lord, I am apologizing to you as one who cannot afford his apology being rejected.  So accept my excuse, O Most Generous of those whom the sinners offer their excuses to.
Ilaahi, laa tarudda haajati, wa laa tukhayyib tama'i, wa laa taqta' minka rajaa'i wa amali.
O Lord, do not turn down my request.  Do not disappoint me in my desires.  Do not cut off my hope in You.
Ilaahi, law aradta hawaani lam tahdini, wa law aradta fadheehati lam tu'aafini.
O Lord, if You had wanted to disgrace me, You would never have guided me.  If You had wanted to expose me, You would not have protected me.
Ilaahi, ma azhunnuka tarudduni fi haajatin qad afnaytu 'umri fi talabihaa mink.
O Lord, I do not think You will refuse me in this request which I have spent my life pleading for.
Ilaahi, fa-laka al-hamdu abadan daa'iman sarmadan, yazeedu wa laa yabeed, kamaa tuhibbu wa tardhaa.
O Lord, all praise be to You – everlasting and eternal – increasing and never decreasing – as You wish and please.
Ilaahi, in akhadhtani bi-jurmi, akhadhtuka bi-'afwik, wa in akkhadhtani bi dhunoobi, akhadhtuka bi-maghfiratik, wa in adkkhaltani-n-naara a'lamtu ahlahaa anni uhibbuk.
O Lord, if you take me to account for my crimes, I will cling to Your pardon.  If you take me to account for my sins, I will cling to Your forgiveness.  If You throw me into the Fire, I will let its inhabitants know that I love You.
Ilaahi, in kaana saghura fee janbi taa'atika 'amali, faqad kabura fee janbi rajaa'ika amali
O Lord, if my deeds in obedience to You are few, my hope in what to expect from You is great.
Ilaahi, kayfa anqalibu min 'indika bil-khaybati mahrooma, wa qad kaana husnu zhanni bijoodika an taqlibani bi-n-najaati marhooma
O Lord, how can I leave you deprived and disappointed when I have always hoped you would save and deliver me?
Ilaahi wa qad afnaytu 'umri fee sharratis-sahwi 'ank, wa ablaytu shabaabi fi sakrati-t-tabaa'udi mink
O Lord, I have wasted my life in the crime of forgetting You and wreaked havoc on my youth in the intoxication of distancing myself from You.
Ilaahi fa-lam astayqizh ayyama ightiraari bik, wa rukooni ilaa sabeeli-sakhatik
O Lord, I did not wake up when I was deluded about You and inclined to earn Your displeasure.
Ilaahi wa ana 'abduka wa-ibnu 'abdik, qaa'imun bayna yadayk, mutawassilun bi-karamika ilayk
O Lord, I am Your slave and the child of Your slave.  I am standing before You, seeking intercession with You through Your kindness.

Ilaahi ana 'abdun atanassalu ilayka mimmaa kuntu uwaajihuka bihi min qillati istihyaa'i min nazharik, wa atlubu-l-'afwa minka idh-il-'afwu na'atun li-karamik
O Lord, I am Your servant.  I am renouncing the sins I used to commit before You when I was unashamed of Your presence.  I seek forgiveness from You, for forgiveness characterizes Your generosity.
Ilaahi lam yakun li hawlun fa-antaqila bihi 'an ma'siyatik, illa fi waqtin ayqazhtani li-mahabbatik. wa kamaa aradta an akoona kuntu fa-shakartuka bi-idkhaali fi karamik, wa li-tatheeri qalbi min awsaakhi-l-ghaflati 'ank.
O Lord, I did not have the strength to stop disobeying You until You awakened me to Your love.  Then, I became just as You wanted me to be, and I thanked You for drawing me into Your generosity and purifying my heart of forgetfulness of You.
Ilaahi, unzhur ilayya nazara man naadaytahu fa-ajaabak, wasta'maltahu bi-ma'oonatika fa-ataa'ak. Yaa qareeban laa yab'udu 'an al-mughtarri bih, wa yaa jawaadan laa yabkhalu 'amman rajaa thawaabah
O Lord, look at me as the one who has responded to Your call, the one You asked to serve You and who obeyed.  O Near One who is never far from those who think they are far from Him.  O Generous One who never withholds His favors from those who have hope in His reward.
Ilaahi, hab li qalban yudneehi minka shawquhu, wa lisaanan yurfa'u ilayka sidquhu, wa nazharan yuqarribuhu minka haqquhu
O Lord, grant me a heart whose passion will bring it close to You.  Grant me speech whose truth will be raised to You.  Grant me vision whose truth will bring it nearer to You.
Ilaahi, inna man ta'arrafa bika ghayru majhool, wa man laadha bika ghayru makhdhool, wa man aqbalta 'alayhi ghayru mamlook
O Lord, whoever acquaints himself from You is never unknown.  Whoever takes shelter with You is never betrayed.  Whoever You turn towards is never enslaved.
Ilaahi inna man intahaja bika la-mustaneer, wa inna man i'tasama bika la-mustajeer
O Lord, whoever follows Your path is enlightened, and whoever holds to You is saved.
Wa qad ludhtu bika yaa ilaahi falaa tukhayyib zhanni min rahmatika wa laa tahjubni 'an ra'fatik
And I have taken refuge in You, O Lord, so do not disappoint my hopes in Your mercy, and do not deprive me of Your kindness.
Ilaahi aqimni fee ahli wilaayatika maqaama man rajaa-z-ziyaadata min mahabbatik
O Lord, place me among Your friends as one who hopes to love You more.
Ilaahi walhimni walahan bi-dhikrika ilaa dhikrik, wa himmati fee rawhi najaahi asmaa'ik, wa mahalli qudsik
O Lord, inspire me passionately to remember Your remembrance and to concern myself with Your holy name and pure position and deliverance.
Ilaahi, bika 'alayka illa alhaqtani bi-mahalli ahli taa'atik wal-mathwaa-s-saalihi min mardhaatik, fa-inni laa aqdiru li-nafsi daf'an, wa laa amliku lahaa naf'an
O Lord, if You admit me to the place reserved for those who obey You and the nice abode of those whom You are pleased with, that will be from You:  I can neither defend nor aid my soul alone.
Ilaahi ana 'abduka-dh-dhaeef al-mudhnib wa mamlookukal-muneeb, falaa taj'alni mimman sarafta 'anu wajhaka wa hajabahu sahwuhu 'an 'afwik
O Lord, I am Your powerless, sinning slave and repentant servant.  So do not place me among those whom You have turned Your face away from, whose negligence has separated them from Your forgiveness.
Ilaahi hab li kamaal-al-inqitaa'i ilayka wanir absaara quloobina bi-dhiyaa'i nazharihaa ilayka hatta takhriqa absaarul-quloobi hujub-an-noori fa-tasila ilaa ma'din-il-'azhamati wa taseera arwaahunaa mu'allaqatan bi-'izzi qudsik
O Lord, grant me complete severance from everything except You.  Enlighten the eyes of our hearts with the brilliance of gazing at You until the eyes of our hearts penetrate the veils of light and arrive at source of grandeur and our souls cling to the glory of Your sanctity.
Ilaahi waj'alni mimman naadaytahu wa-ajaabak, walaahazhtahu fa-sa'iqa li-jalaalik, fa-naajaytahu sirran wa 'amila laka jahran
O Lord, make me one of those whom You call, and they respond.  You look at them, and they are awed by Your majesty.  You speak to them in secret, and they work for You openly.
Ilaahi lam usallit 'alaa husni zhanni qunoot-al-ayaas, wa laa inqata'a rajaa'i min jameeli karamik
O Lord, I have not allowed despair to overcome by confidence in You, nor did I ever lose hope in Your beautiful generosity
Ilaahi, in kaanat-il-khataayaa qad asqatni ladayk, fasfah 'anni bi-husni tawakkuli 'alayka
O Lord, if my mistakes have degraded me before You, erase them through my confident reliance upon You.
Ilaahi, in hattatni-dh-dhunoobu min makaarimi lutfik, faqad nabbahani-l-yaqeenu ilaa karami 'atfik
O Lord, if my sins have rendered me unfit to receive Your kindness, my firm belief has reminded me of Your compassion.
Ilaahi in anaamatni al-ghaflatu 'an-il-isti'daadi li-liqaa'ik, faqad nabbahatni-l-ma'rifatu bi-karami-alaa'ik
O Lord, if forgetting to prepare for meeting You has put me to sleep, recognizing Your kind bounties has awakened me.
Ilaahi, in da'aani ilaa-n-naari 'azheemu 'iqaabik, faqad da'aani ilaal-jannatu jazeelu thawaabik
My Lord, if the severity of Your punishment calls me to Hell, the abundance of Your reward invites me to Paradise.

Ilaahi, fa-laka as'alu wa ilayka abtahilu wa arghab, fa-as'aluka an tusalli 'alaa Muhammadin wa aali Muhammad, wa an taj'alani mimman yudeemu dhikraka wa laa yanqudhu 'ahdaka wa laa yaghfulu 'an shukrika wa laa yastakhiffu bi-amrik
O Lord, You are the One I ask from and pray to and desire.  So I ask You to bless Muhammad and Aal-i-Muhammad and to make me one of those who always remembers You and never violates his pledge with You, who never forgets to be grateful to You and does not make light of Your command.
Ilaahi, walhiqni binoori 'izzika-l-abhaj, fa-akoona laka 'aarifan, wa 'an siwaaka munharifan, wa minka khaa'ifan muraaqiban. yaa dhaal-jalaali wal-ikraam
O Lord, attach me to the light of Your majestic glory so I may know You and fear You alone.  O possessor of glory and generosity!
Wa sallallahu 'alaa muhammadin wa rasoolihi wa aalihi-t-taahireen, wa salaama tasleeman katheeran.
May Allah’s peace and blessings be upon Muhammad and his pure descendants.

0 comments:

Proudly Powered by Blogger.